Sunday, June 18, 2006

Spearfish South Dakota...


First day out was a 6:30am to 9:10pm (central) day. Way too long, but we made it. Mitchell was relaxing in the car. It was a nice day to drive. We were going 80 accross South Dakota, but in Iowa the limit is 65. Coryell drove for a bout 3 hours and did a great job. We rewarded her with some ice cream in Wall, South Dakota. I a reading a great book on the book of Judges by my favorite author Micheal Witcock. Also, I have two books by Thomas Sowell on economics. I am looking forward to some more reading, but since we watched a few movies, that cut into my reading time. We watched two Brady Bunches and a Star Trek. We also listened to a cd that my friend Nate Garnder loaned us by a comedian named Bryan Reagan. It is very funny and we laughed for an hour. When we rolled into the hotel, Joshua and I ran for 30 minutes while Cory, Mitch and Chris swam in the pool. It was a great run. I have always wanted to run with Joshua. Now I can.
The final picture is for Vince Imig. Whenever he sees Mitch, he greets him as "Mitchell South Dakota." Well, here is Mitch in Mitchell South Dakota!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:42 PM

    So how was the Corn Palace in Mitchell and the free water at Wall Drugstore? Did you have time? Enjoy the mountains tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:45 PM

    sounds fun . . .that picture of cory makes me smile

    -lys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:50 PM

    So glad you had a good driving day. Your blogspot is going to be one of the Brightspots in my day!

    mkf
    7:50 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:31 AM

    It sounds cool, except the part about exceeding the speed limit :(
    Hope it goes well tomorrow too!
    Hok

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:07 AM

    It's good to hear Coryell didn't kill you all with her driving! :)

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:13 AM

    why does Mitch look so angelic in that picture? :)

    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:35 PM

    so if i read that correctly it said that josh ran... on vacation...why would you do that to yourself. jk jk don't run to much you already shamed me in the 5k. have fun.

    ReplyDelete